When you want something really healthy, you can reach for one of these muffins. There is no fat and they are gluten free ( only if you buy gluten-free oats, for those of you who are gluten intolerant). Creamy banana replaces butter, and the blueberries give it some kick. And there is no being hungry 20 minutes after you eat one of these. The oats really stick with you throughout the morning. You can feel good about serving your family these in the morning. Grab one on your way out the door.
Mix in milk:
Mix in sugar, eggs, and oats:
Fold in blueberries:
Out of the oven:
BANANA BLUEBERRY OATMEAL MUFFINS
- 3 Bananas
- ¾ cup Low Fat (1%) milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 TBSP Vanilla Extract
- 1½ cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 TSP Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a standard 12 cup muffin tin with liners. In a large bowl, mash banana until there are no large chunks. Add milk, egg, and vanilla. Stir until evenly combined.
- Add oats, brown sugar, baking powder. Mix until evenly combined. Add blueberries and fold in to combine. Note: Mixture will be loose, it is okay.
- Fill liners till about ⅔ full. Wipe off any spills and place in oven till edges are golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from muffin pan and let cool.
- Once cool, store at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 3 days.