With the peach season coming to a close, I wanted to incorporate those last sweet and juicy peaches into a savory dish. The peaches give the BBQ sauce a slight sweet and floral flavor without overpowering the BBQ flavor. Add some slaw with a crunchy tang and you have a great and easy meal. I put the pork in before I left for work and came how to a tender, fall off the bone meat. This is truly a meal that is easy to make during the busy school week.
Add pork, peaches, onion, garlic and spices to the crock pot.
The peaches and onion after 8 hours.
The peaches and onions pureed with the broth.
Add the shredded pork back to the sauce and add 1/2 of a cup of BBQ sauce. You can use a pork butt, shoulder, pork chops, or a pork loin like I used here. It is up to you!
Make the quick coleslaw with vinegar, honey and yogurt.
- 6 Rolls, Sliced
- FOR THE PORK:
- 2- 2.5 lb Pork Loin
- 5 peaches, sliced
- 1 onion, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 TSP Chili Powder
- 1 TSP Pepper
- 1 TSP Paprika
- 2 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- ½ cup BBQ Sauce
- FOR THE SLAW:
- 1½ Cups Green Cabbage, shredded
- ¼ cup Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 TSP Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 TSP Honey
- ½ TSP Pepper
- Place Pork, peaches, onion, garlic, vinegar and chicken broth in the slow cooker. Sprinkle chili powder, pepper and paprika on top of the pork. Cover and set to low for 8 hours.
- Once done, take pork out and shred. With a hand blender, blend peaches, onion and juices leftover in the slow cooker.
- Place the shredded pork back in the crock pot. Add the BBQ sauce to the crock pot and stir. Turn to warm until ready to serve.
- In a medium bowl, add cabbage, yogurt, vinegar and honey. Stir until combined.
- Toast rolls. Place pork on rolls and top with slaw. Serve and enjoy!