The salmon just keeps on coming. It has been so cheap lately that I have had to contemplate “how can I use all this salmon?” Seriously. First world problems. But it has lead me to be a bit creative with my salmon. This is a fresh take on a tostada that takes out all the heaviness and grease and replaces it with healthy omega-3s and fiber. Eat this a couple of nights and watch how healthy your skin becomes.
Add green chilies and salsa on top of a fillet of salmon. Make a foil packet and place in oven.
Make avocado cream, get out lettuce, cheese, cilantro, salsa.
Bake tortillas in the oven to make it crispy.
- FOR THE SALMON:
- 2 8 oz. Fillets of Salmon
- 1 4 oz can green Chilies
- 3 TBSP Salsa
- FOR THE TOSTADA:
- 1 13.6 oz Box Re-fried Black Bean with Green Chilies
- 4 corn tortillas
- 3 TBSP Salsa
- 3 cups Romaine Lettuce, shredded
- 2 TBSP Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 2 TBSP Cilantro, Chopped
- 3 TBSP Red Onion, Thinly Sliced
- 1 Tomato, Diced
- FOR THE CREMA:
- ¼ cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 Lime, Juiced
- ½ Ripe Avocado, Mashed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add a fillet of salmon to foil. Top with ½ green chilies and 1½ TBSP Salsa. Wrap foil up tightly so that no steam escapes. Repeat with other fillet. Place on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.Remove from foil and flake salmon.
- Spray both sides of tortillas with olive oil spray. Place on baking sheet and cook until tortillas are crisp, about 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat beans in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Make avocado crema in a small bowl. Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Once warm, spread a layer of beans on the tortillas. Top each with cheese,salsa, lettuce, red onion, tomato, and cilantro. Add flaked salmon and top salmon with avocado crema. Serve and enjoy!