Steak is the reason I could never be a vegetarian. Seriously. I wanted to make a steak that would be different than just a regular everyday steak (if there is such a thing). The chimmichurri is so easy to make and gives the steak an acidic kick. You could use any type of steak you want. I used a ribeye steak.
Mix the spice rub. Add garlic, onion, chili, cumin, coriander and paprika powders.
Rub the spices on both side of the steaks.
Place on the a grill pan or grill.
Make the chimmichurri by blending spices, garlic, olive oil and vinegar.
- FOR THE STEAK:
- 2 1.2 lb steaks ½ inch steaks
- ½ TSP Chili Powder
- ½ TSP Garlic Powder
- ½ TSP Onion Powder
- ¼ TSP Cumin
- ¼ TSP Ground Coriander
- ¼ TSP Pepper
- ¼ TSP Salt
- FOR THE CHIMMICHURRI:
- 1 TBSP Chives
- 2 TBSP Cilantro
- 2 TBSP Parsley
- 3 Cloves Garlic, roughly chopped
- ¼ Shallot, roughly chopped
- 2 TBSP Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- Preheat grill pan or grill to medium high. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, combine all the spices. Rub spices evenly on both sides of either steak.Once grill pan is hot (smoking slightly), place both steak on for 3 minutes per side (6 minutes total).
- Once steak is seared, place on a baking sheet and in oven for 3 minutes ( for medium rare steak). If you want a more medium to medium well, keep in oven for 5 minutes total. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile make chimmichurri. Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until evenly combined.
- Serve chimmichurri over the steak. ENJOY!