Flautas don’t have to be a greasy mess. Yes, greasy messes are quite delicious but not quite as healthy as these guys. Mix some rotisserie chicken with chiles and cheese. Add to flour tortillas and make the sauce. The key here is to make sure to pickle to onions. Pickled onions are not just for hipsters. These are quick and effortless to make. Throw some queso fresco on top and enjoy.
Add the chicken, chiles and cheese to the flour tortillas.
Roll tightly and put two flautas next to each other. Add toothpicks onto either side.
Spray baking sheet with olive oil spray. Place flautas on tray. Spray tops with spray.
Make chipotle crema in a small bowl.
Set aside and place in fridge until ready to serve.
Pickle the red onions in red wine vinegar.
- FOR THE FLAUTAS:
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken, shredded
- 1 4 oz Can Diced Green Chiles
- ½ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- FOR THE CHIPOTLE CREMA:
- 2 whole chipotles in adobo
- ½ TSP Garlic Powder
- ½ TSP Pepper
- ½ TSP Onion Powder
- ½ TSP Chili Powder
- ½ cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 lime, juiced
- FOR THE PICKLED ONIONS:
- ½ Red Onion, Thinly Sliced
- ½ Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Thinly Sliced
- FOR GARNISH:
- Queso Fresco
- Salsa or Guacamole
- Pickle onion. Place sliced red onion and garlic slices in a small bowl. Add red wine vinegar to almost cover onions. Let sit on the counter for at least an hour to an hour and a half.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Make filling. Shred chicken and mix with green chilies and cheese. Add some filling to tortilla and roll tightly. Add a toothpick (or two) to stabilize the flauta. Place on baking sheet. Repeat with rest of filling. Spray top of flautas. Place in oven and bake until golden brown, about 15-18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make crema. Mix chipotles, greek yogurt and lime juice in a small bowl.
- Serve flautas with crema, guacamole and red onions. ENJOY!