Huevos Rancheros Pizza
So I know this recipe sounds kind of odd. But seriously, this is one of the best things I have made in a while. Re-fried beans replace pizza sauce and then it is topped with cheese, jalapeno, chicken chorizo, onion, and egg. Once you take the pizza out of the oven, you add fresh tomatoes, cilantro, and avocado. Super satisfying and perfect for a quick weeknight dinner.
Mix refried beans with diced tomatoes and jalapeno. Make sure you get quality re-fried beans since they are one of the main components of the pizza.
Spread the beans on a pre-made crust. I used Rustic Pizza Crust that I got from Sprouts. It is super yummy.
Add cheese, onion, and jalapeno. Make wells inside the onion for the eggs.
Cook the chorizo in a frying pan. I used chicken chorizo, but use any type you want.
Crack the eggs into the onion and add the chorizo.
HUEVOS RANCHEROS PIZZA
- 1 pre-made pizza crust ( I used Rustic Crust Pizza)
- 1 13.5 oz can refried beans
- 4 oz diced tomatoes with jalapeno
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- ½ jalapeno sliced
- 4 large slices of onion
- 4 eggs
- ½ lb. Chicken Chorizo
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Place pizza crust on a greased cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix refried beans with diced tomatoes. Spread bean mixture evenly over pizza, leaving an even crust around the edges.
- Cook the chorizo in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Sprinkle cheese on the pizza. Place onion and jalapeno on top of the cheese.
- Make wells inside on the large onion rings. Crack one egg inside each ring. Add chorizo to the pizza.
- Place in oven and cook for 15 minutes. Turn on broiler and cook until eggs are the desired doneness, about 2-3 minutes.
- Once done, top with fresh tomatoes, cilantro, and avocado. Serve and enjoy.