This rice is a wonderful side that goes well with any BBQ, especially chicken. It uses lots of summer zucchini, red onion and garlic to make a savory flavourful rice.
Saute the onions and the garlic
Add zucchini and spices:
Add chicken broth:
- 1 cup long grained rice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 red onion, chopped
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 zucchini, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 TSP Paprika
- 1 TSP Chili Powder
- Place saucepan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, red onion, and garlic. Saute until onion softens, about 5 minutes. Add zucchini and spices. Saute until zucchini begins to cook, 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and rice, stir and cover. Reduce to medium-low and let simmer for 20 minutes until rice is tender.
- Fluff rice with a fork and serve.