The younger sister graduated high school this weekend, so of course we had quite a party the day after. The sister is obsessed with nutella, and really who isn’t? So I wanted to make something with nutella that would be portable for the party goers. These cheesecake pops are frozen, creamy and luscious with a nutella swirl and covered in milk or white chocolate. Perfect for any party, or just if you want something different for dessert, you can indulge in these mini desserts.
Make the cheesecake crust:
Mix cream cheese and sugar:
Add egg and vanilla:
Pour cheesecake on top of crust:
Add dollops of nutella and swirl:
Cheesecake all cooked:
The sticks we used:
The set up for rolling and adding sticks:
Pull out a bit of cheesecake with melon baller:
Gently roll into a ball:
Ball should be about an inch by and inch, or slightly bigger than a grape tomato:
All rolled and sticks added:
The candyquik that we used to dip the pops, only after freezing them for a few hours:
The set up to dip and roll:
Dip in the chocolate to coat:
Add oreos to the sides, or sprinkles:
- FOR THE CRUST:
- 1 cup graham cracker, crushed
- ¼ cup sugar
- 7 TBSP Butter, melted
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE:
- 24 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 TSP Vanilla
- 1 cup nutella
- FOR THE COATING:
- 16 oz. Milk Chocolate Candyquik
- 16 oz. White Chocolate Vanilla Candyquik
- 1 cup oreos, crushed
- Sprinkles of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Make the cheesecake: In a large mixing bowl, add cream cheese and sugar. Beat until incorporated and whipped. Add eggs and vanilla and mix on medium until evenly incorporated.
- Prepare crust. In a small bowl, mix graham cracker, sugar and butter. Press into bottom of standard springform pan. Place in oven and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and pour cream cheese mixture into springform pan. Add dollops of nutella evenly in cheesecake. With a skewer or sharp knife, swirl nutella into cheesecake.
- Place in oven and bake until no longer jiggly in the middle, for about an hour and 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let set
- Get a small dish and fill it with water. Get out an ice cream scoop or melon baller and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Wet your hands in the water dish and scoop out a bit of cheesecake. Roll with your hands into a round ball. Ball should be an inch by an inch. Place on parchment paper and add stick ¾ way into the ball. Repeat for the rest of the cheesecake. It should make about 60.
- Place in freezer for at least 3 hours to overnight.
- Place one tray of candyquik in microwave and follow instructions. Take pops out of freezer. Place oreo in a shallow dish. Make an assembly line and dip pops into melted chocolate coating evenly. Then quickly roll in oreo and then place back on original baking sheet. Repeat with ½ of pops. Then melt white chocolate and roll int sprinkles instead for the other ½.
- Place in freezer for at least 2 hours and until right before serving.