Have I ever mentioned that I hate mayonnaise. HATE IT. But weirdly enough I love potato salad, so I have been trying to find a way to rid the world of potato salad loaded with mayo. That, and I was getting tired of having the same old potatoes, so I decided to use what I had in the fridge to make a new rendition on potato salad. Avocado, Greek yogurt, lime, garlic, onion and green chilies combine to make a potato salad that is unlike anything you have ever tasted. And guess what, it is super healthy! So toss that mayo out the window ( not literally), and give this a try for the upcoming Memorial Day Weekend.
Boil the potatoes:
Add ingredients to food processor:
Mix in the greek yogurt:
Slice the potatoes into quarters:
Mix the potatoes with the sauce:
- 15 small red potatoes
- 1 avocado
- Juice of 2 limes
- ½ red onion, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup cilantro, leaves removed from stem
- 2 TSP Chili Powder
- 2 TSP Pepper
- 2 TSP Salt
- 1 4.5oz can green chilies
- ¼ cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
- Fill a large pot ⅔ full with water. Add potatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer until fork tender, about 25 min. Drain water and let potatoes cool.
- Meanwhile make sauce: add avocado,lime juice, red onion, garlic, cilantro, chili powder, pepper, and salt to a food processor or blender. Process until no chunks remain. Pour into a medium bowl and stir in chilies and greek yogurt.
- Once cool, slice potatoes into quarters. Place in a large bowl. Stir in sauce, until it covers evenly.Cover bowl with plastic wrap ( so that the plastic wrap is flush with salad, and then place a lid on top, to reduce oxidation and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- Garnish with extra cilantro. Enjoy!