Soba Noodle Salad with Rice Wine Vinegar Dressing
At the checkout line in the grocery store, the checker asked me,”What are these, I have never seen them before?” I am so surprised that someone who works in a grocery store has never heard of soba noodles. What is the world coming to? Made from buckwheat, these noodles are wonderful cold or hot. Add in the crisp veggies and tangy dressing, and you have a great dinner, side dish or lunch.
Cook noodles, chop veggies and stir together:
- FOR THE NOODLES:
- 9-10 oz soba noodles ( 1 package)
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- 4 green onions
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 4 TBSP Sesame Seeds
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2 TBSP Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 TBSP Mirin
- 2 TBSP garlic powder
- 2 TBSP Ground Ginger
- Add water to a large pot. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Cook soba noodles according to package directions.Once soba noodles are done and rinsed, add back to large pot, taken off heat.
- Chop veggies: Chop bell pepper into bite sized think strips. Peel and trim carrot. Use peeler to make thin ribbons of carrot to add to salad. Rinse, and thinly slice green onion. Halve cherry tomatoes. Add veggies to noodles.
- Make dressing: add all ingredients together in a small bowl and sitr. Pour over salad and toss everything together. Garnish with sesame seeds. Refrigerate or leave at room temperature and serve.