Baked Honey Sriracha Wings
I learned my lesson last time I made wings when I covered them in a habanero sauce. WAY too spicy, even with blue cheese. Like sweating, mouth on fire spicy. These are much better. Sweet, spicy( but not too spicy) with crunchy skin made for some awesome wings. And the best part is there is no need to make the sauce separately, because it cooks in the bottom of the pan! That means less dishes. I know that make me super happy. Make lots because they will go fast.
Place chicken wings tossed in olive oil, salt and pepper on a baking sheet:
Make the sauce:
Broil the chicken:
Once done,toss in sauce made in bottom of pan:
- FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 40 oz chicken wings
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 2 TBSP Garlic Powder
- 2 TBSP Ground Ginger
- 1TBSP Onion Powder
- 1/4 cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- FOR THE GARNISH:
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro, Roughly Chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Place chicken on baking sheets ( you will need 2). Add olive oil, salt and pepper to chicken. Toss chicken on baking sheet. Place in a single layer, making sure that no chicken touch. Cook for 10 minutes, then flip and cook for 10 more. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk ingredients for sauce together.
- Preheat broiler.Take chicken out. Spoon about 1 TBSP of sauce over each wing. Place in oven and cook until turned slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Flip the chicken so that all have skin side up. Pour the rest of the sauce over chicken. Place back in broiler and cook till skin is crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Once done, toss chicken with sauce created on pan ( no need to make sauce separately, it reduces while chicken cooks). Serve and garnish with cilantro.